Thursday, September 6, 2012

New HW site. New Blog. I'm excited. :)

Dear Parents,

This is an exciting time for me.

No, I'm not getting married or expecting a child.

I'm starting a blog.

Yes, a blog to replace the class webpage that I have been using for over five years.

Change can be difficult but this one appears to be easy.

"Why a blog?" you may ask. Here's why:

-  The structure of the blog is more free and, though a bit linear (chronologically), you know where to get the latest information.
-  The collection of blog posts is arranged monthly; so instead of changing the HW weekly on the prior website, they are harvested and saved for your review. This is great since it means less paperwork on my end and ready access for students who may have missed an assignment.
-  I can add and share pictures, links, etc. and with a wider audience.
-  The switching of pages and editing of text boxes will no longer eat up my time.


Now, there are some trade-offs:  the learning curve of maximizing this blog; not having separate pages for different topics;  updating website info on different sites, among different contacts, etc.

In the end, I believe it will embody progress in my learning and teaching, as well as the sharing of it.

Enjoy the ride,

Mr. Amutan

No comments:

Post a Comment