- Quick Check (Math) 14-4 quiz had a question that confused students. It read:
"Jeff was 1/4 of his way home from school. How many feet away from his house was he if the distance from his home to school was 812 feet?"
It was interpreted two different ways: he was 1/4 away from home (choice A, 203 feet) OR he was 1/4 away form school on his way home (choice B, 609 feet).
The book says choice A is the answer, but I am accepting choice B as well since it was a poorly worded question.
Please have your child return their quiz to school so it can be reviewed and/or corrected.
- Stem Night tickets were distributed to students today
- PTA News:
- See more at ruskinpta.weebly.com
- CONGRATULATIONS to our February San Jose Sharks Reading is Cool winner: KATELYN!
- Scholastic Book Orders are due TOMORROW, March 23.
- The students enjoyed asking questions and getting free books from the Scholastic reps, Michael and Scott, who visited. It was an interesting visit: they hung out for the morning, took a few pictures of the classroom library and when we gathered as a class, conversed with me re: the Scholastic Book Club, and talked with the staff during lunch (which they provided from Panera). They left right after the students returned from lunch.
1. Read for 30 min. *March READING LOGS are due Monday, 4/3*
2. Language Arts
- Time for Kids - Read your magazines. Open Magazine Quiz next Monday
- Cinderella Project - Keep working on your final draft. Check for punctuation and grammar mistakes. Books to be distributed tomorrow to those who look like they're ready. (Book will be due April 7.) Follow the guidelines. Start typing it using Google Docs and save it to your Google Drive.
- TEXT pgs. 380-381
- WKBK pgs. 14-8 R/P
- QUIZ tomorrow: 14-8
- TEXT pgs. none; 89-90 will be corrected tomorrow
- Review Packet due TOMORROW.
- Unit 4 Open Book History Test is MOVED TO TOMORROW
- TEXT pgs. 324-329
6. P.E. tomorrow