- Today, we practiced Drop, Cover, and Hold as part of The Great Shakeout. At 10:20 a.m., students were in music class as the whole school participated in the exercise.
- Book orders have shipped. They are scheduled to arrive on Wednesday, 10/26.
- Tomorrow is the extra long Science Lab class on owl pellet dissection. It will take place in the Multi, and students who are allergic to animal hair will be placed in the Library or Office and given an alternative assignment.
- Also, tomorrow is College Day. (Wear clothing, etc. from parent's/s' alma mater, or choose a college you want to go to and wear something from there.)
- Friendly reminder that I will be at a district math curriculum committee meeting on Tuesday, 10/25.
- Next Wednesday is an Earthquake/Fire Drill. Remember to DROP, COVER, and HOLD for an Earthquake, and evacuate swiftly and safely to the blacktop for the Fire drill.
- Yearbook sales have started! Best time to buy them is now because they're only $20 AND you get to personalize your back cover. Prices go up scarily after 10/31.
- We have started two Reading Log programs for October: Book It!, sponsored by Pizza Hut, and Reading is Cool, sponsored by the San Jose Sharks. Students who complete the monthly reading log get a coupon for a free personal pizza and entered for possible prizes from the Sharks.
- Lego bricks (for their name tags) are on their way. About 25% have been received of the 6,000+ bricks that were ordered.
- Congratulations to Andrea, who had the winning design for our t-shirt! (We are the "Popularly Peaceful Pandas")
- Here is the first mock-up of the t-shirt (which was received today):
- PTA News: See more at ruskinpta.weebly.com
1. Read for 30 min.
2. Language Arts
- Wordly Wise 8e and Crossword Lessons 5-8; Test on Friday
- Time for Kids
- Open magazine quiz next Monday
- Continue writing and revising your letter to an author.
- Continue writing your Mysteries of Harris Burdick stories. We continued using our Google accounts today. Please try to minimize your assistance as this is their first draft.
- TEXT pgs. 135
- WORK pgs. none
- Topic 5 Practice Test
- Topic 5 Test tomorrow
- TEXT pgs. none
- TEXT pgs. 104-107
6. P.E. Tomorrow