- HAPPY HALLOWEEN!
- If you're going Trick o' Treating, be safe tonight and let your parents/guardians check your candy first!
- THANK YOU to those who brought treats to share with your classmates! They were all appreciative!
- As a class, we are participating with some other Ruskin classes in the Trick or Treat for UNICEF. This is optional but students have learned about what UNICEF does around the world. We will count the collected money in class on Thursday, 11/3. We will then total the collections, and I will take them to the nearest Coinstar, which is processing the donations without a fee. The receipt is then mailed to UNICEF. Afterwards, I will share on the Blog how much we have donated and what that roughly helps purchase for UNICEF's causes. To learn more, please visit www.unicefusa.org/trick-or-treat.
- LOCK IN the early Yearbook sales have started! Best time to buy them is now because they're only $20 AND you get to personalize your back cover. Prices go up scarily to $30 after 10/31.
- We have started two Reading Log programs for October: Book It!, sponsored by Pizza Hut, and Reading is Cool, sponsored by the San Jose Sharks. Students who complete the monthly reading log get a coupon for a free personal pizza and entered for possible prizes from the Sharks.
- Congratulations to Andrea, who had the winning design for our t-shirt! (We are the "Popularly Peaceful Pandas")
- UPDATE: The printing started on Friday!
- Here is the FINAL revision:
- PTA News: See more at ruskinpta.weebly.com
1. Read for 30 min. *READING LOGS are due by Wednesday, 11/2*
2. Language Arts
- Wordly Wise 10 a-b; Topic 10 test on Friday
- Students should start preparing for the end of the unit tests on Tuesday.
- Time for Kids
- This week's issue has not arrived
- Open magazine quiz next Monday
- TEXT pgs. 152-153; 154-157
- WORK pgs. none
- Topic 6 Test is this Wednesday, 11/2
- TEXT pgs. none
- TEXT pgs. none
6. Music Tomorrow