Friday, January 24, 2014

Weekend HW and a Few Things

Weekend HW:  
- MATH Textbook pg. 251
- Work on Cinderella Stories

Few Things:
- I am extending the Cinderella Stories deadline to Friday, February 14.
- Students NEED to bring a working copy of their Cinderella story on Monday. You can also email it to me, if it makes it easier than printing it. 
[If anyone is using Google Docs to type their story, please share that document with me using my school email address (click here for it). This way, I can give my opinions right on the document itself.]
- We will prep the books on Monday and, on that same day, once I see a student has started writing a good amount of his/her story, I will hand him/her the book for the project.
- It is planned to watch Cinderella, the movie, on Wednesday. Look for permission slips to be distributed on Monday. Please return them ASAP.
- Due to Friday's activities and to allow more time for the Cinderella stories, we will NOT be reading the next story in our Language Arts anthologies. So, there won't be any spelling activities or tests next week. We will still have Wordly Wise.
- Lunar New Year will be celebrated at Ruskin on Friday, 1/31. Here is the schedule:
-- 9:15 (3rd/4th/5th) Puppet show assembly by Magical Moonshine Theater. It will be based on Vietnamese and Chinese folktales.
-- 10:50 a.m. Lunar New Year Parade. Your child can come to school wearing traditional dress if so desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment